The Soil Science Institute of Athens, Hellenic Agricultural Organization “DEMETER” in the framework of the LIFE project «Strategies to improve and protect soil quality from the disposal of olive oil mills wastes in the Mediterranean region» (PROSODOL) ,
- The Department of Mineral Resources Engineering-Technical University of Crete (TUC)
- The Institute of Mediterranean Studies, Foundation of Research and Technology (IMS-FORTH)
- The Centre of Soil Science and Applied Biology, Spanish National Research Council (CEBAS-CSIC)
- The Regional Centre of Experimentation and Technical Assistance, Italy ( CERSAA)
- The Environmental Education Centre of Edessa-Giannitsa
organize the 3-day Symposium
“Olive Oil Mills Wastes and Environmental Protection”
on 16-18 October 2012, in Chania, Crete, Greece.
We invite you to participate and present research works, state-of-the art issues, innovative technologies, pilot activities in the fields of :
- Olive Oil Production
- Olive Oil Mills Wastes Management
- Environment Protection
The Symposium will include technical paper presentations, keynote lectures, panel discussions and open forum sessions.
Special attention will be drawn on legislative issues, measures and means that should be taken to protect the environment from the disposal of olive oil mills wastes in the Mediterranean Region. Suggestions and proposal to the European Commission and to national policy makers will be presented and discussed during an open forum session.
No registration fee is foreseen for the participation in the symposium.
Participation, presentations, attendance, informative material, proceedings, coffee breaks and meals are free of charge.
No news items have been published.